If you’re unemployed and looking for experience working with animals, an animal care traineeship could be just what you need to kick-start your career!
The College of Animal Welfare has launched a new animal care traineeship programme, which will run from inside Campus Vets and Pets and give you the opportunity to…
- Work in a kennels/cattery, dog grooming parlour and reception area in a busy animal care environment.
- Develop employability skills including CV writing and interview techniques
- Receive support with job applications and Maths/English skills
- Receive tuition to help you work towards a Level 1 Award in Work-based Animal Care
To apply for a place on the college’s traineeship programme, you must be unemployed with little or no work experience and meet the following criteria:
- Aged 16, 17 or 18 on 31 August 2018
- Aged 19-24 and have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC plan)
- All 16 applicants must have lived in the UK for the last 3 years and be ordinarily resident in the UK
The course begins on Monday 4th March. For more details about the programme and how to apply visit the college’s website.